An EC must be a self-starter and motivator of others, possess the ability to work as a team member, demonstrate flexibility and the ability to perform multiple tasks with frequent changes in duties. The EC must demonstrate understanding of the special needs of a person with a disability, and be sensitive and respectful of persons with disabilities. Demonstrate a desire to train, supervise, and develop persons with disabilities and assist them in becoming independent. The EC must also demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision. An effective EC is self-confident, comfortable with diversity, compassionate, and has a good sense of humor. Listening to the people we serve, observing behaviors, and attention to detail are critical skills to success.
This position is at our Cambridge Location, M-F daytime hours, PTO, Incentive pay is offered, Medical, Holidays and Retirement benefits. $14.00 to $14.40 per hour.
Qualifications for Entry:
- Must have a high school diploma/GED
- Must possess a valid MN Driver's License with a clear driving record
- Ability to be flexible with your schedule
- must be able to pass required background checks
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Excellent Team Building Skills
- Preferred, but not required experience working with adults with disabilities